Individual Chocolate Chip Cookie Sundaes (Mini Pizookies)
- Chocolate chip cookie dough yielding 6 cookie dough balls
- 3/4 cup (90g) all-purpose flour, weighed or spooned and leveled
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or mix-ins of your choice)
- 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream or 1 batch of my 5 Minute Homemade Ice Cream
- Toppings (whipped cream, sprinkles, caramel or chocolate syrup, etc.)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Sift or whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt, set aside. Beat the butter and sugars on medium speed with an electric mixer. On low speed add the egg yolk, milk and vanilla. Slowly add the flour mixture just until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips or mix-ins of your choice. Divide dough in half and press down flat into 2 ramekins.
Place ramekins on a cookie sheet and bake for about 18-23 minutes, until cookie is puffed and edges are slightly golden brown. Do not over bake. Remove from oven and let cool for just a few minutes on a wire rack.
Center of cookie cups will sink upon cooling, creating a well for your ice cream. I used a tiny .99c ice cream from the grocery store, it was the perfect size for 2 scoops.
This could quite possibly be one of my favorite desserts ever!