A perfect way to combine two of my favorite desserts! A buttery, brown sugar graham crust, beneath fudgy brownies, swirled with a cool, creamy cheesecake mixture... sinfully decadent! I prefer these cold, straight from the fridge, so you get a nice cool chocolatey cheesecake texture!
Cheesecake Brownie Bars
Yield: 16 brownies (For a smaller batch, cut recipe in half and bake in an 8x4 inch loaf pan. For a larger batch, double recipe and bake in a 9x13 inch pan)
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (1 stick/4oz.) butter, melted (browned for maximum flavor)
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup (48g) packed brown sugar
- 6oz. semisweet or bittersweet chocolate (1 cup chocolate chips)
- 2 tablespoons (10g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (90g) flour, weighed or spooned and leveled
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8oz. package) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
In a small bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Press into bottom of prepared pan.
Prepare brownie layer:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 inch square pan with foil or parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray.
Reduce heat to low and add the sugars, chocolate, and cocoa, stirring with a wooden spoon until smooth. Remove from heat and stir for about a minute to cool mixture. Mix in the vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir vigorously for about 1-2 minutes until batter becomes thick, smooth and shiny. Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt, until just incorporated. Pour batter over crust, reserving about 1/2 cup of batter in a plastic sandwich bag for the swirl on top.
Beat cream cheese on medium speed until smooth. Add sugar, vanilla, and egg yolk and beat until incorporated. Spread evenly over brownie layer.
Snip corner of brownie batter filled bag, and pipe a vertical lines from one end of the pan to the other. Take a knife and drag it horizontally, from one end to the other, as shown.
Bake for about 35-45 minutes. An inserted toothpick will come out with moist crumbs sticking to it. Do not over bake. Cool brownies completely in the pan on a cooling rack before cutting. Once completely cool, slice and serve.