Simple, delicate, golden brown, 4-ingredient crepes, made with a pancake mix!
You can make them in advance too, so just freeze and reheat when you're ready to serve, for fresh homemade crepes any time.
This recipe is super simple to whip together and you can fill them with just about anything you like, from classic jam and powdered sugar, savory ham and cheese, or even chocolate sauce with strawberries and whipped cream for dessert!
It only has 4 ingredients, water, eggs and butter... and my secret ingredient, pancake mix. I always refrigerate the batter for about an hour before I cook them, to let the mixture rest for the most delicate tender crepes.
Pour 3-4 tablespoons of batter into the center of a non-stick pan and tilt it around to coat the entire bottom of pan evenly. I find an 8-inch pan is a lot easier than the heavy duty larger pans.
Cook it for about 1-2 minutes, until the bottom is lightly browned, then loosen the edges with a spatula, flip, and cook the other side for about 30 seconds.
How easy was that?! Know that, the first few might not come out perfect, but give it a few tries and you will get the hang of it.
Keep it simple and let everyone fill their crepes with their favorite fillings!
For Savory Crepes, perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner, add chopped fresh herbs to the crepe batter while it is cooking!
Or add sprinkles to the crepe for sweet dessert crepes!
My fave is classic crepes stuffed with peanut butter, banana, honey and cinnamon!
Pancake Mix Crêpes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 ¼ cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Oil or non-stick spray for pan
- Optional: fresh chopped herbs for savory crepes or sprinkles for dessert crepes
Gently spoon pancake mix into a 1 cup measuring cup and level it off with the back of a knife. Whisk the mix in a medium bowl to remove any lumps.
Whisk together the water, eggs and butter in a measuring cup and slowly pour over pancake mix, beat with a hand mixer for about a minute on medium speed until thin and smooth, or alternatively pulse ingredients together in a blender. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour, or up to 24 hours.
Lightly grease an 8-10-inch non-stick pan over medium to medium-high heat. Stir crepe batter to combine all ingredients. Pour 3-4 tablespoons of batter into the center of pan and tilt it around to coat the entire bottom of pan evenly. Sprinkle on some fresh chopped herbs for savory crepes or sprinkles for dessert crepes to the crepe while it is still wet on the pan, if desired. Cook for about 1-2 minutes, until the bottom is lightly browned. Loosen the edges, flip, and cook the other side for about 15-30 seconds.
Add filling and serve warm, or store crepes in a Ziploc bag in the refrigerator for a few days or freeze for up to two months and reheat when ready to serve.
- Classic Crepes: Spread on jam or fruit preserves, Nutella hazelnut spread, peanut butter with banana, a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon, etc.
- Savory Crepes: Add chopped fresh herbs to the crepe batter while it is cooking. Fill with sliced ham and cheese. Add scrambled eggs for breakfast, or sautéed spinach and mushrooms for dinner, if desired.
- Dessert Crepes: Add rainbow sprinkles into the crepe batter while it is cooking. Fill with chocolate fudge and sliced strawberries, caramel sauce and sliced bananas or whipped cream and fresh berries, if desired.
Want more crepes?!
What's your favorite way to fill them?!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Krusteaz, however, as always, all recipes and opinions are my own.