Tender apples coated in a sweet cinnamon filling...
Plump berries, bursting with tart juicy goodness...
And even mixed fruit...
All topped off with a warm, crunchy oat streusel topping... READY IN UNDER 5 MINUTES... AND IT DOESN'T COME WITH THE GUILT OF A SLAB OF PIE!
Yield: 1 single-serving (recipe doubles easily)
- 1 small apple/peach/pear/etc., peeled and diced OR 1 cup berries, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon sugar OR 1 teaspoon sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon flour (all-purpose, whole wheat flour or gluten free flour)
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon OR 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- 1 tablespoon water for apple crisp
- 1 uncooked (35g-45g) packet of instant oatmeal (about 1/3 cup), the "lower sugar" cinnamon spice or maple brown sugar work great
- 1 tablespoon flour (all-purpose, whole wheat flour or gluten free flour)
- 1 tablespoon softened butter, margarine or buttery spread
Mix all filling ingredients in a small bowl, until fruit is coated. Pour into a 7-8oz. microwave safe mug, ramekin or small dish.Combine all topping ingredients together in a small bowl until mixture is coarse and crumbly and press on top of berries.
Microwave for 1 1/2-2 1/2 minutes until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender and juicy. (May also bake in toaster oven at 350 degrees F for about 20-30 minutes)