Pot O' Gold Donut Hole Pops
You will need
- lollipop sticks
- donut holes (I used glazed)
- green candy melts (available in the baking/candy aisle of most arts and crafts stores)
- black licorice rope (or tootsie rolls rolled into a long rope if you don't like licorice)
- shamrock confetti sprinkles
- gold or yellow sugar sprinkles (or the yellow sprinkles from our sequin confetti sprinkles)
Push the lollipop stick through your donut hole (make sure not to poke it all the way through). Melt green candy melts according to package.
Dip donut hole into bowl of green candy melts and place on wax paper to dry, letting the excess chocolate pool at the bottom of the donut hole, creating the "brim" of your pot.
Once the green has dried, "glue" the black licorice rope around the brim of the pot and attach a shamrock sprinkle with the green candy melts. (If you don't care for the taste of licorice, you can take a tootsie roll and microwave it for a few seconds until pliable. Roll it into a rope and attach it in place of the licorice.)
Dip the top of the pop into your green candy melts and roll into gold sugar sprinkles. (You can also use the yellow sprinkles from our sequin confetti sprinkles for the gold or even some mini M&M's or any little yellow candies you can find.
You can individually wrap your pops in clear plastic bags for a party favor, or you can create a display for your pops. To create a display that your pops can stand upright in, take a block of Styrofoam and wrap it in festive wrapping paper or tissue paper. Push the bottom of each stick into the styrofoam for guests to easily grab and enjoy.