I love the fancy, rustic shape of a homemade pizza. Something about them makes it feel so "gourmet", compared to a regular ol' round pizza.
Just spread on some BBQ sauce to start.
Then, add the cheese...
And top it off with the chicken, and onion.
Bake, and garnish with fresh cilantro.
BBQ Chicken Pizza
BBQ Shredded Chicken
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 2 breasts)
- 1/4t salt
- 1/4t pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup zesty Italian dressing
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pizza crusts, store bought or homemade
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 cup (4oz) grated smoked gouda cheese
- 1 cup (4oz) grated mozzerella cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped cilantro, for topping
Add all ingredients to a large pot. If chicken is not covered completely, add water or chicken broth to cover chicken completely. Bring everything to a boil over medium heat in a large pot. Reduce heat, and simmer uncovered for about 45 minutes, flipping chicken and scraping the bottom of the pot occasionally.
Shred chicken in the pot by poking at it with a wooden spoon or using 2 forks, allowing it to absorb the remaining liquid in the pot. Let cool.
Preheat oven to 475° F. Spread barbecue sauce on the pizza crust. Layer on the cheeses, bbq shredded chicken, and onion. Bake for about 8-12 minutes on a parchment lined baking sheet or pizza stone. Garnish with chopped cilantro.