Hearty chili, exploding with flavor, you'd never know it's made with lean ground turkey, tons of veggies and substitutions like non-fat greek yogurt instead of sour cream for the toppings... not to mention you just throw everything into one big pot (EASY) and it only cooks for 30 minutes on the stove top (QUICK)!
This is one of my favorite meals to make for dinner, especially since it makes so much, I get left overs for the next few days! Top with sliced scallions or chives, chopped cilantro, sliced avocado, lite sour cream or plain non-fat greek yogurt, grated low-fat cheese, tortilla chips or anything you like! Refrigerate leftovers, heat and serve the next day or for an easy lunch or snack!
30 Minute Stove Top Turkey Vegetable Chili
- 1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil or non-stick cooking spray
- 1.5lbs lean ground turkey, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion, about 2 cups finely chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, about 2 cups chopped
- 2 bell peppers, about 2 cups chopped
- 1-2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14.5oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilis (or add 4oz can mild green chilis)
- 1 (15oz) can kidney beans, drained, rinsed and slightly mashed
- 1 (15oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15oz) can yellow corn
- 1 teaspoon honey or brown sugar
- 1.25oz-2oz taco seasoning (I like French’s Original Taco Seasoning 1.25oz packet)*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoons cinnamon, optional
- 1/8 teaspoons red pepper flakes, optional
- Garnish: Sliced scallions or chives, chopped cilantro, sliced avocado, lite sour cream or plain non-fat greek yogurt, grated low-fat cheese, tortilla chips, optional
*May substitute the following homemade taco seasoning: 2T chili powder, 1T cumin, 2t salt, 2t pepper, 2t cornstarch, 1t paprika, 1t garlic powder, 1/2t onion powder, 1/2t oregano, 1/4-1/2 cayenne or red pepper flakes
Heat 2-3 teaspoons of oil or cooking spray in a skillet over medium heat and cook turkey until evenly brown; set aside.
While they turkey is cooking, add 1 tablespoon of oil to a large pot and cook onions until tender, about 5 minutes. Add zucchini and peppers into the pot and cook 3-5 more minutes. Add cooked turkey, broth, crushed and diced tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans, corn, honey, seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir everything together and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook 30-60 minutes. Chili will thicken as it cools. Serve warm and top with garnish of choice. Refrigerate any leftovers.
- ♥ -
Want more dinner recipes?!
Want more dinner recipes?!
Easy Mexican Shredded Chicken (perfect for burritos, tacos, nachos, soups and more!)
Chicken Parmesan Crescent Rolls (with low fat option)
Red Wine Braised Beef Brisket with Caramelized Onions and Carrots